New HTC One (M8) leaks continue with Verizon model unboxing photos [UPDATED]

So we've already gotten a peek at the packaging and promo materials for the Verizon version of the new HTC One (M8), and we've even checked out a dummy unit from several different angles. That just leaves the phone itself, and the good news is that rather than having to wait until tomorrow's announcement to see the thing, a new batch of photos has surfaced that shows off the new Verizon HTC One in all its aluminum glory.

Posted to Facebook by PDA Plaza Russia, the handful of images include some unboxing shots, several photos of the new HTC One itself and even a comparison with the iPhone 5s, Galaxy Note 3 and Oppo N1

While these new photos don't really reveal anything about the new HTC One that we didn't already know, I know that I'm not one to turn down high-quality shots of an unannounced smartphone, especially when it's a biggie like HTC's new flagship. Plus, the fact that some unboxing shots are included means that those of you that are planning to pick up a new HTC One from Verizon later this week will know exactly what to expect when you finally get that bundle of new smartphone goodness in your hands.

UPDATE: Canadian carrier Rogers has prematurely posted the new HTC One (M8)'s product page, confirming both the device's design as well as its spec sheet. According to Rogers, the new One is packing a 5-inch 1080p HD Super LCD3 display, 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 32GB internal storage, microSD card slot and Android 4.4.2 beneath HTC's Sense 6 user interface. The page simply lists the rear camera as "UltraPixel," but it does offer a bit of detail on the new One's Duo Camera rear setup, which "uses two cameras so you can choose what parts of the scene you'd like to emphasize, even after your shot has been taken."

The page has since been removed, but the folks at Android Police managed to grab a couple of screenshots before it disappeared. Check 'em out in the gallery below.

UPDATE 2: The night before the new HTC One (M8)'s announcement is turning out to be the leakiest yet. A new video has been posted to YouTube by TechSmartt that compares the new One (M8) with the 2013 One (M7). Included in the comparison are hardware overviews, a demo of the new One's Duo Camera photo refocus feature and some benchmark results. The new One is said to offer improved camera performance over its predecessor, including better low-light capabilites, as well as a beefier battery and improved feel.

Via Droid-Life, Facebook: PDA Plaza Russia, Android Police, Rogers, YouTube: TechSmartt

Cumo08eViHk
Disqus Comments