A few days after releasing updates for the OnePlus 8T and 7T, OnePlus is now rolling out new updates for a few more devices.
The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are now being updated to OxygenOS 18.104.22.168. This upgrade brings the November 2020 security patches and optimizes the experience of using apps in split-screen mode.
There are a bunch of bug fixes in this update, too, including one that could cause the expanded screenshot feature to stop working and another that could prevent NFC from turning on. Another bug that's been squashed could prevent the Play Store from installing new apps.
Here's the full changelog for OxygenOS 22.214.171.124:
- Optimized the experience with a split-screen of apps
- Further optimized system power consumption and increase battery life
- Fixed the small probability issue that expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the issue that cache is not deleted after uninstalling apps
- Fixed the issue that the screen may flash when using fingerprint unlock
- Fixed the issue that Horizon light is not activated normally
- Fixed the small probability issue that NFC can not be turned on
- Fixed the small probability issue that Parallel Apps can not be turned on
- Fixed the small probability issue that the fan of the Warp Charge 30 Wireless Charger may not work
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the small probability issue that network interruption issue in some apps
- Improve the stability of communication functions
Meanwhile, the OnePlus 6 and 6T are both receiving a new update to OxygenOS 10.3.7. This update also includes the November 2020 security patches and it's also got a new feature that'll let you hide silent notifications in the status bar to filter unimportant alerts.
The changelog for the OxygenOS 10.3.7 update looks like this:
- Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in status bar )
- Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
These updates are rolling out in stages. That means that only a small number of OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 6, and 6T owners will get their new update today. After a few days have passed and everything is working as expected, OnePlus will begin broader rollouts of these new updates.