New 'Blue Arctic' Samsung Galaxy S 4 purportedly outed by NTT DoCoMo document

When Samsung first announced the Galaxy S 4, it said that it planned to follow the Black Mist and White Frost models of its new flagship with "a variety of additional color options" later in 2013. The company didn't offer up any details on what those colors may be, but thanks to an leaked internal document or brochure from Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo, we may now have an idea of what the next GS4 color will be.

Posted to Japanese site rbmen, the document shows both the Black Mist and White Frost versions of the Galaxy S 4, as well as an unannounced model that's labeled "Blue Arctic." The phone looks to be a darker blue, similar to the Pebble Blue version of the Galaxy S III.

Samsung hasn't been afraid to re-release its hardware in new color options lately, giving devices like the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II more paint jobs than one can keep track of. Doing so can reinvigorate interest in a device and sway consumers toward a particular smartphone model buy a particular model if it comes in a color that he or she really likes. That's why it's no surprise that Samsung intends to continue its habit of launching hardware in multiple color options with the Galaxy S 4.

It's not clear exactly where this purported "Blue Arctic" Galaxy S 4 might see the fluorescent light of a retail store that doesn't belong to NTT DoCoMo, but we'll be sure to update you once we hear more. Out of the three Galaxy S 4 color options shown so far, which do you like the most?

Via SamMobile, rbmen

Disqus Comments