White Motorola DROID Ultra purportedly photographed

You know the saying "When it rains, it pours?" We're definitely in the middle of a torrential Motorola downpour, as details on several of the company's upcoming products have leaked out recently in one way or another. Today we've got another to add to the list, as another purported image of a new DROID device has made its way online.

Posted to the XDA-Developers forums by user xavierk75, the image claims to show the Motorola DROID Ultra XT1080 in white. The phone in this photo looks fairly similar to the DROID MAXX that we saw yesterday, complete with a front-facing camera next to the earpiece, a trio of capacitive buttons below the display and a power/lock button and volume rocker on its side. Finally, this alleged DROID Ultra is branded with a "Motorola Confidential Property" tag and a Motorola prototype logo, both of which we've seen on other leaked Motorola hardware.

We first got wind of the DROID Ultra earlier this week when a landing page for the device appeared on Motorola's website, teasing a phone with a thin body, Kevlar coating and multiple color options. The device in this photo looks like an evolution of the DROID RAZR HD, which is also offered in white, though it is interesting to see that Motorola may be switching back to capacitive keys like the ones found on the original DROID RAZR. It's probably wise to stick this image into the "Rumors" filing cabinet in your mind for now, but the presence of the Motorola branding and the pieces that line up with yesterday's DROID MAXX leak do seem to support its legitimacy.

Via Droid-Life, XDA-developers

Disqus Comments